The Finns have been clued up on intelligent fire safety for years, but we’ve been a little slow off the blocks here in the UK. Fortunately, the technology started becoming more widely used since we at Unicook introduced it in 2014. We recognised there was a glaring deficiency in the capabilities of existing fire safety devices and we thought it was time to raise the bar and save lives with this modern, proactive technology. So, why is Airis a ‘next generation’ stove guard? Well, we have the answers right here in 12 simple points. So, let’s take a look.
Airis in 12 exceptional functions
So, why is Airis a next generation stove guard? We get asked this a lot. Simply, because it not only meets the BS EN 50615 standards but exceeds them in many ways, especially when compared to other technology. It truly is an incredible product that takes others to task. No other device offers the functionality and design capabilities that Airis does.
When we look around our houses and offices, we don’t have to look far before we rest our eyes on a smart device that has a multi-purpose, life-improving reason it’s there. Why can’t fire safety join this formidable movement of smart technology? We don’t believe standards should be a minimum level of product design. We believe they should be exceeded to provide amazing features, undeniable value for money, and absolute peace of mind that your purchase is enhancing your life or the lives of those whom it protects.
- It has greater sensing capability. A stove guard must monitor the temperature of the hob in order to be compliant. Airis goes several steps further by monitoring human presence, fumes and other parameters. It intelligently combines all these measurements to maximise safety and minimise interference when cooking. Even more, Airis is able to detect if a pan has boiled dry and will cut the power to stop the contents burning.
- It uses two-way failsafe communication. With Airis, the controller and sensor are able to communicate in both directions, so any faults with the controller are picked up by the sensor and vice-versa. Others only rely on sending signals one way, even if nothing is listening.
- It is compliant with 900mm-wide hobs. Airis is the only stove guard on the market which complies with BS EN 50615 when used on a larger, 900mm-width hob. Others do not.
- You can replace the battery! Surprisingly, most stove guards have integral batteries, so after a few years you have to buy a new sensor. Not with Airis, which uses two easily-replaceable AA batteries. It lasts longer and is far more sustainable.
- There is no learning period. Many stove guards feature a ‘learning period’, intended for the sensor to learn how the user behaves. This presents two problems: One) The initial period frustrates the user because the device may beep or cut the power unnecessarily. Two) It doesn’t take into account the fact that there may be more than one user (e.g. in student accommodation, for example), which confuses it further! Airis is smart enough to do away with this completely, saving you time and hassle.
- It has a safety lock. If you want to stop children or a particularly vulnerable person from using the cooker, then Airis can lock itself! It’s also useful for pets so they don’t accidentally turn it on.
- It knows itself well. At the time of installation, if any fault is detected such as incorrect mounting, Airis will let the installer know automatically. This unique feature ensures correct installation and avoids irritating return visits from engineers or hours of your time thumbing through technical manuals. Unlike others, Airis knows you need to be aware of any issues so you can stay safe, so it will also flag up any faults as soon as they arise, at any time during its life. Let Airis do the hard work.
- It provides advanced telecare/building management system messages. Some stove guards feature a telecare connection but it’s usually limited to sending an alert when the stove guard acts to cut the power. But Airis has the ability to send other alerts to telecare or building management systems automatically e.g. if there is a fault or the battery is running low. What’s more, Airis can be set to raise the alarm if someone hasn’t cooked for a given time period (e.g. three days), or if it has intervened more than a specified number of times. So you get an extra level of reassurance for the person’s wellbeing.
- WiFi capabilities with Airis Sense WiFi. The WiFi model of Airis Sense allows for greater connectivity so you can check your loved ones are safe by receive automatic alerts in the event that it acts to prevent fire or smoke.
- Add extra functionality with leak detection sensors. Airis can connect up to four leak detection sensors, allowing Airis to collect data and send alerts to you, a telecare or building management system directly. Another disaster avoided.
- Enjoy optional auto-reset. Once a stove guard has cut the power, it is normally up to the user to press a button on the sensor to reconnect it. Airis can save you the hassle by doing this itself once the situation is safe. You’ll still get an alert, but it’s one less thing to worry about.
- It utilises unique and intelligent data handling. All cooking information is logged in the cpu, allowing you to see your cooking habits, power consumption, and how often Airis has stepped in, if at all. You can also monitor units remotely e.g. if you’re looking after a loved one, resident or manage a multiple occupancy building such as sheltered accommodation or student halls. It makes providing the right adjustments to the right people easier, and reporting back to clients, managers, and residents alike.
So there it is, Airis does not take the same ‘bare minimum’ approach of other devices, and we’ve seen that some others don’t even comply with the basic standard. Instead, Airis goes far and beyond the requirements of BS EN 50615 and operates on a ‘bare maximum’ approach. We believe that is the level of protection and functionality we all deserve. It’s intelligent, flexible, and convenient. These 12 points have shown you the superior design of Airis; if you’re intrigued to know more, click here to find out why Airis is the ultimate stovetop safety device.
Questions about installing or retrofitting Airis?
We can call you back, or you can contact us by phone on 0208 798 3462 or click on ‘Contact Us’ to send us a message.